I love the Craft Barn. Right, glad that is out in the open :)
I'll tell you why... It has everything a crafter could want all in one place, not too far from home, and is accessible to a wheelchair (this is very important, not like another craft shop not too far from home up two flights of stairs with no lift!) Anyway, it occurred to me late last year that despite my love of CB I had never visited their blog. Duh! I went over for a look and not only do they have tips and tutorials and loads of other good stuff they also have a yearly challenge.
I have never altered a book before so I was a bit nervous. I planned to have a theme running through my dictionary of birds or avian words. I masked over the word Vulture but the mask pulled off part of the type and it was no longer clear enough to read.
Plan B. I changed my theme to all animals and went for Vixen.
I just used 8 different colours of acrylic paint and a fine liner pen to add my scientific bit.
If any one has any tips on masking on old print please share with me... a bit of low tack tape doesn't work in this book - I figure the paper and or ink is just too old.
I like the page. It's not what I had in mind to begin with but I am pleased for my first attempt. I think next time I need to work on getting more depth in the page. It feels a little 2D to me but I couldn't find any embellishments to add on that fitted with the page.
Next time I'll plan a bit before I start! I like the fact that as the year goes on and I look back at my pages I should see my style evolving and improving.
Thanks for stopping by!