Followers

Saturday, 28 April 2012

Less Is More Sketch



This weeks Less is More Challenge is based on a sketch.  There are already some great entries...

Here is my take...





 To me the sketch screamed aperture.




Close ups of the centre piece... One taken from the front of the card through the aperture and one taken with the card open.





I used a Tatty Teddy brad, layered it up with coordinating papers with inked edges.  I also inked the edges of the card and the aperture.  I stamped 'hello' with shadow and london fog (I love that grey is never called grey!)  Then using the very subtle shadow ink I added a butterfly stamp to the front and flower stamps to the inside.







Just because I hadn't really finished using my daily allowance of creativity I added a butterfly to the envelope too!





I feel like I need to apologise for the quality of the photos today.  The weather is so pants that the light isn't good enough for a crisp shot.  I should have rigged some daylight lights up but didn't think about ti until after taking the first batch of photos... dopey!

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

White With 1 Layout



Aprils White with 1 challenge is

WHITE + GREY + TABS/TAGS

and here is my effort...



I found it incredibly difficult to photograph...





...because it is like this today.  Bleurgh!


I went for pale silvery grey.





I splodged some iridescent medium on to my page and scrapped through it with a zigzag clay tool.




Obviously a bad photo but I wanted to portray how amazing it looks when the light catches it in a certain way.  It glows.




Layered up some whites and pale greys with acetate and vellum. 
Cut the backing that some die cut squares came in into a square grid. 
Added a distressed photo of my Dad feeding me chocolate. 





Add the spiral binding from a notepad that had run out of pages!





Made a tab.







Added a few dragonfly punch outs in white and acetate.
I wanted to add more but the punch gave in - maybe I won't use them on acetate any more!!
I tried the 'punch-tin-foil-to-sharpen-it' trick but alas the punch is now in the bin :(






Down the bottom I used simply sweet rub-ons from doodlebug on some little tags. 
I didn't have any e's left and none of my alphabet stamps worked with the font of the rub-ons
So I inked the 'Me' of a 'Merry' stamp and stamped direct on to the acetate.
Added a few white pencil lines but they are very subtle...


I like this because it is mainly using the little bits I had lying around,
I've made an entire layout with out really using any stash.
I'm off to nose at the other entries now...




WOYWW #151



Hello Wednesday!
Hello WOYWWer's!  (If you are thinking 'Eh?' check out Julia's)

So this week my desk is awaiting a tidy - what's new?!




There is only one project on the go at the moment the rest is just stuff waiting to be put away!






I'm working on a beaded Snoopy for my cousinlet, but it's growing very slowly as I am sleeping quite a lot at the moment.






Not a very inspiring sky outside, it's foul here.  (How very British to talk about the weather!!)



Last week I finished my mini album and scratch your own postcard if you're interested in having a peek. 



Thanks for popping by!



Sunday, 22 April 2012

Here it is...





Finally finished, my mini album.  Very happy!  Lots of photos to come...




Front and back views...
I used the ribbons I was so desperate to get in on the binding rings.




The front cover is painted with liverbirds, our emblem.  Then a photo of the famous This is Anfield sign with a mountboard frame.  The date is made from rub-ons that are really rubbish at rubbing on so I stuck them on with their backing film still in tact.




The first page spread, photos with legendary Bill Shankleys statue.



I cut a stencil and squirted and sprayed paint over it for the background. 

A little cluster of embellishments in the corner.





With the other half of the stencil I used lava beads in texture gel to create depth.  I thought it would be a bit more translucent than it turned out to be so I used some rub-ons and stickers underneath.  The photos where stuck on to a tag so they could be lifted to see the liverbird underneath.  I also wanted to include the photo on the underside of the tag but the person who took it cut off Mr Shankleys head (outrageous!!) so I didn't want it to be the focus of the page.




Next page is me in the dressing room, much excitement!  :)
I used an after eight mint case to hold a yellow and red card that have journalling on.




I put in a vellum page just for fun.  Made with red eyelets




The journalling on the cards...




For this page I wrote a list of the clubs achievements, layered on a cutting from a colouring book,




an off cut that reads 'best' because Hyypia (the player in the drawing) was the best!




A cluster of embellies.




Next page and a photo inside the stadium.  I wrote the lyrics to 'The Fields of Anfield Road' on the blank page and then layered up on top.





I added a half page of football vellum...




Mulberry tissue modge-podged on to the page, beads, a charm, a tag...



                  ...of grassy card

                  Football ribbon stapled on for a tab...





And the journalling...






The lyrics to You'll Never Walk Alone in the background and the gates in the photo.




I added an acetate page at the back to give a bit of protection.




You're really getting a photo from every angle here!




I love how fat and juicy it looks...




and I love the ribbons...




And that's pretty much that. 

One contented crafter!


Edit:  Retrospectively entered in to Unique Crafters, ribbons and fibers challenge.  No fibers but a generous array of ribbons.  As I said, I love the ribbons!




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...